Re: R: 10Gb drive - only 8Gb accessible

Resolution:

Thanks to all.  This problem is now resolved.

What was necessary was to switch the BIOS to disk type USER and enter
the  c/h/s figures off the drive, because the updated BIOS still didn't
auto-detect these.  (I had assumed that these were limited by bitcount
and hadn't tried to exceed the autodetected values; I had also had trouble
seeing the figures on the disk, since my eyesight doesn't seem to be quite
as good as it used to be.  It was only today that I realised they weren't
a model number.)

LBA needs to be turned off.

With that done, cfdisk sees the correct size.  I haven't yet tried it
with Windows 95; I understand that that may need something called OSR2
which I haven't located yet.  Maybe I should go to Win 98...

     "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not
      sin against thee."          Psalm 119:11