Re: Compiling xfstt

*- On 28 Apr, Greg Scharrer wrote about "Compiling xfstt"
> I downloaded the xfstt tar file, extracted it, and then tried to run
> make. I got the following error:
>
> xfstt.cpp:38: X11/fonts/FS.h: No such file or directory
> xfstt.cpp:39: X11/fonts/FSproto.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [xfstt.o] Error 1
>
> The xfstt FAQ says that a package "xdevel or something similar" must be
> installed. I could not find xdevel on my Debian CD (Official release
> from Cheapbytes) and I could not find it at the Debian site. Does it
> have another name in Debian?
>
> I got xfstt installed by downloading the .deb package from the Debian
> site. But I would like to know what package is missing in case I want to
> program with X later.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Scharrer

Use the Contents search tool at
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.html to search for missing files.
Or download a copy for local use of the Contents-*.gz file and use
zgrep to search it.

usr/X11R6/include/X11/fonts/FS.h                        x11/xlib6g-dev
usr/X11R6/include/X11/fonts/FSproto.h                   x11/xlib6g-dev

--
Brian