10Gb drive - only 8Gb accessible

I've just got a 10.2Gb IDE drive, but I cannot find an fdisk that allows
more than 8Gb

root@linda# sfdisk -s /dev/hdb
10022040

root@linda# sfdisk -l /dev/hdb

Disk /dev/hdb: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 1024 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 8225280 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0

1024 * 8225280 = 8.2Gb approx

What can I do to get the full capacity of the disk recognised?

     "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil,
      and he will flee from you."          James 4:7