Installation

I am trying to install Debian 2.1 from Official Debian CD on a system with WIN98 installed, and SCSI CD Rom, which is connected to Adaptec AVA-1505 adapter (according to the list supported by Linux). My  goal is to have Linux as the only OS. I am starting the installation from the CD; after creating Linux partitions I have to switch to Base floppy disks for kernel installation, since my CD Rom is no longer valid. Despite that I have no problem installing the base system and able to boot from the hard disk. The problem starts when I am starting DSELECT program and trying to install packages. I choose [A]ccess - install from CD Rom option and here it prompts me:
"Insert the CD-Rom and Enter the block device name [/dev/cdrom]."  What do I have to do in order to mount CD Rom? And how? Any Input is very welcomed. Thanks.