Re: acct going berserk!

	Subject: acct going berserk!
	Date: Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 10:41:42PM -0700

Quoting Max(maxk@chinook.stanford.edu):
> Has anyone else noticed their /var/account/pacct files growing out of
> control?  Mine are reaching over 75 MB every day!  Is there any way to
> figure out why they are so huge?  I have a suspicion that bigbrother
> may have something to do with it, but I don't know if that's the
> case.  Any clues?

No clue but a question.  I am getting bounced mail refering to these
files so I looked into it.  I have 5 files in /var/account/, largest
is 28 bytes.  What the hey are they?  apropos doesn't have a clue,
rgreppin /usr/doc shows nothing either.

What the heck are they for anyway?

Here are the error msgs
/etc/cron.daily/acct:
mv: /var/account/pacct.4.gz: No such file or directory
mv: /var/account/pacct.1.gz: No such file or directory
mv: /var/account/pacct.0.gz: No such file or directory
mv: /var/account/pacct.new: No such file or directory

Sorry about butting in, but this thread started just after I found the
above.

TIA

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide
a test load.