Re: Favorite WP/Office software...

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 07:45:30AM -0400, Ed Cogburn wrote:
> Sami Dalouche wrote:
> >
> > I tried WP too but i don't like it because it's toolkit is motif...
> > It's slow, not free (WP is not too, but it's not a reason) and buggy.
> > Will WP convert their office suite into gnome or KDE ?
>

> 	They aren't even planning to port it to libc6 from libc5.  So,
> GNOME or KDE support is unlikely.

I expect this is because they are busy working on a new version.  I
would expect to see WP2000 be glibc (hopefully 2.1, since potato will
probably be out before then).

As far as gnome/kde, that might be a pretty big re-write, but I'd like
to see that. The current Linux (and other *nix) versions of WP were
subcontracted to Software Development Corp.  I suspect the new stuff is
being done in-house by Corel.

Bob