Re: diald and ip address

First of all: Learn how to split up lines, please!

Chris Hoover wrote:
> I was wondering what file I should modify so that diald will email
> me my ip address when it goes on line?  I've tried adding it to the
> /etc/diald/ip-up file (I believe that is where it is, but I'm not at
> my machine right now), and it did not work.

Well, yes, /etc/dial/ip-up is the proper file, but you have to
enable its use.  The example diald.options file from /usr/doc/diald/examples/
contains these lines:

  # These two scripts must be executable.
  #ip-up /etc/diald/ip-up
  #ip-down /etc/diald/ip-down

Thus they're probably not activated yet.  So uncomment them
and place something like

  ifconfig |mail -s "I'm online now" root

in the ip-up script.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!