smail, not open email relay

Hello,

I think that Debian now installs a different mail agent as the default or
at least I remember that the configure script asked me explicitly about
this topic when I recently put Debian 2.1 on this laptop,

but

the problem is far from here on a Debian box permanently connected to the
Internet and I would not like to update the mail agent from here. Not that
the box is not doing a _great_ job, rock steady for almost an year by now,
but I'd have to configure smail on it for it not to act as an open
email relay, that is for it not to accept and forward email messages
coming from other boxes.

Smail-3.2 1996-Jul-4 #2
Debian 1.3.1

_Thanks_,