Upgrading kernel of the same tree

I have been using every 2.2.x kernel as soon as they came out. To
fascilitate configuration I saved configuration into an "alternative
file" in my home directory from 'menuconfig'. Then, when I get source
from the new kernel, I would simply load that file into menuconfig.

Is this a safe thing to do for kernels of the same tree? If there are
any new features in the configuration of the next kernel, how would
such practice affect it?

It's simply a drag going through all the options each time... :-/
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE