Re: Corel : GNOME vs KDE

In a message dated 4/22/99 3:27:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
samid@ifrance.com writes:

> I don't understand why Corel has chosen KDE instead of Gnome.
>  KDE is not free or not fully free.

As stated in the release that came out a few days ago - it had to do with the
fact that KDE has been around longer - and is more refined.

>  It's worse than Gnome :

I disagree.

>   	- it takes more memory

True - maybe because it's more advanced?

>  	- it's not GTK ( I'm a GTk fan)
>  	- I will have less apps because Gnome is newer and has, I think,
already a
> lot of apps compared to KDE which is older.

I would say KDE has the edge on number of apps.

>  	- I don't remember other reasons but GNOME is greater !

We could argue that...  ;)

-Jay