Re: KDM vs XDM

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Brian Morgan wrote:

> I'd like to be able to change my default login manager to KDM instead of
> XDM, now that I have KDE up and running.  What do I need to do to make this
> happen?

You should find a command called switchdm (I think it is in
/usr/sbin/switchdm but my Debian/KDE box is at home). Run this as root and
it will ask you if you want [1] xdm, [2] kdm or [3] Neither. Press 2 and
you should have kdm next time you restart X. I found about this in the
docs in /usr/doc/kdebase . The docs may not be there if you built KDE from
source -- I installed it from the debs onthe Cheapbytes CD.

All the best

Hugh

Hugh C. Pumphrey, Dept. of -    | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
Meteorology, Univ. of Edinburgh | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside U.K
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland     | Email hcp@met.ed.ac.uk