Re: Fonts is X and Linux

"Person, Roderick" wrote:

> What window manager are you using? Most have a configuration util that
> allows you to set different fonts. I use WindowMaker and I can set fonts
> either with WMPrefs or wmakerconf.

I switch my window mangers every now and then  but mostly use fvwm2
(olvm olvwm) or icewm. ( I use that now) And I should correct myself
because I do know how make some font changes to X.  but those are
usually changes to the application boxes and not the applications
themselves.
What I want to learn to do is to make global font changes at the
application level.  Suppose the default font on most applications is
difficult to see. So you want to change it to one that is easier.  There
should be a way to do that for all applications you use, rather than
editing the config file for each one.  xfontsel sounds like it should be
able to do that, at least for the current desktop. I just can't figure
out how?