unsubscribing

|> Can someone please tell me how to get removed from this mailing
|> list.  NOTE: Before you let the flames fly realize that I have
|> tried all of the suggested ways to get removed, i.e.  mail -s
|> unsubscribe debian-user-request@lists.debian.org. I've also tried
|> sending unsubscribe commands such as: unsubscribe
|> faschind@lawrence.edu and unsubscribe David.J.Fasching@Lawrence.edu
|> without success. I am pretty sure that the problem is that when I
|> joined the list, I did so from the debian website, using the
|> address faschind@lawrence.edu, but every email I send gets
|> David.J.Fasching@Lawrence.edu as the from address. I've also tried
|> sending email to the list maintainer.

I tried to unsubscribe while I was away from home for 3 weeks and had
the same kind of problems. The automated response I got (several
times) said that I couldn't be removed from the list because I wasn't
a member. I didn't join from the web-site though. I suspect that this
must have to do with how exim rewrites the headers on outgoing mail
from this account, but it seems like there should be a way for the
list-management software to handle this kind of situation.

Jim