Re: Help!!!

At 12:27 PM 4/21/1999 -0500, ying shang wrote:
>Hi,
>
>When I installed the debian on a Dell 266 PC, I met a problem releated
>to the SCSI. The following is the messages on the screen:

>md driver 0.36.0 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8
>(scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294x Ultra SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 19/0
>(scsi0) Wide Channel, SCSI ID=7, 16/255 SCBS
>(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code ... 419 instructions downloaded
>

>Then it stoped. Any idea? I installed it from the 'resc1440.bin' disk.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Ying Shang
>The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)

This is a common problem with the AHA-294x card. I don't remember the web
site, but if you'll search the Debian mail archives you should be able to
find the link to a site that has special boot disk images that deal with
this issue. They worked for me and at least one other person I know of. If
you need any further help, holler again.