slrnpull won't work on Mindspring.com

I am trying out a new ISP and have run into a problem I have not seen
before.  I wonder if anyone else might have run into this?

I use slrn to get newsgroups and has been working fine.  I am, however,
having a problem using slrnpull, 'on this new ISP (mindspring).  When
slrnpull goes out to get 'any' group, it returns the error:

***Error selecting group comp.os.linux.development.system.  Code = 480

The .slrnrc file has the required, Hostname, Username & password
entries and I assume that slrnpull uses is as well as slrn.

Has anyone seen this error before and found a fix for it?  The ISP's
service people don't know Linux and, as usual, say that is the problem
and the error code is being returned by slrn.  I find no
information anywhere indicating any error codes returned by slrn.

I doubt slrn/slrnpull is the problem, as I have used slrmpull on 4-6 ISP's
without any problems in the past.

BTW, mindspring says that they do not, as of now, support Linux.

TIA

Wayne

--
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name.
        Thy programs run, thy syscalls done,