Re: New Kernel install (II)

Hi,

cd to /etc to edit the file lilo.conf as
original lilo.conf
 boot=/dev/hdxn
where x = hard disk a or b; n = partition number 1, 2, 3 etc
(could be boot=/dev/hda if you have written the master boot record (MBR) during your
initial install)
 root=/dev /hdxn
 install=/boot/boot.b
 map=/boot/map
 vga=normal
 delay=20
 image=/vmlinuz
  label=Linux
  read-only
add:
 image=/zImage (your newly compiled or installed kernel)
  label=036 (or whatever you like)
  read-only
after the line delay=20, before image=/vmlinuz

Run lilo (the default image comes with a * along side which means the first    image
in lilo.conf)