Re: Debian 2.1

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Sidney Brooks wrote:

> 3. When I downloaded Netscape Communicator, using both the stable and
> unstable versions, the colors were unstable. This made it impossible to
> download WordPerfect from Corel because I could not read parts of their
> web site.

Check your XF86Config.  You might have 24 bpp, which Netscape doesn't
like.  Change that to 16 bpp or use 'startx -- -bpp 16'.

I won't comment on your CD installation problems, since I haven't done
that myself with slink (I have done an ftp installation and several ftp
upgrades from hamm).  I suspect that the multi-cd process needs a bit of
refining.

Bob

----