Re: printer problem not solved anymore

The error indicates that lpd is not running.  Have you tried doing the
	lpr filename
!after! having done as root:
	lpd
It looks like lpd has not been started properly.  I guess you could try
installing lpr again.  You could also try looking at the output of kmesg
to see if there is a relavent (lpd related) error there.
Also try:
	ls /etc/rc?.d | grep S[0-9]*lpd
to see if lpd is being started anywhere (should get at least one
'S<n>lpd').  If not, reinstalling lpr should sort this out.  You could
also manually add lpd starting (but this is probably not the easiest
thing to do)

HTH
Rich