Re: Some email bounces = misconfigured exim?

Dan Brosemer <dbroseme@sm2141.glfc.forestry.ca> writes:

> FWIW, I use sympatico.ca and so I can explain how I worked around the
> problem.  But first of all, the exact nature of the problem is, as I
> believe you both guessed, that smtp1.sympatico.ca verifies the domain that
> is sent in the MAIL FROM: line.  Note that it doesn't care about you being
> inside the sympatico.ca domain.
<rest snipped>

Well, I personally don't think that *that* is the problem. My outgoing
mail bounces from the foreign servers, not sympatico's. Most of my
mail goes through w/o a glitch, and only on *some* occasions it
bounces from the recipent's server.

I have read in gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup that I should properly
configure my SMTP gateway to masquerade "envelope". The poster gave an
url for configuring such thing, but the link is for configuring
sendmail.

http://www.moongroup.com/unix/quicktips.html#envelope

I am really new to all this and "masquerading envelope" sounds like
mumble-jumble to me. Is anyone doing it with exim? Is there an
appropriate FAQ for that?

Thanks for any input!

--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE