Re: Question about recompiling kernel ...

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> Of course, you COULD solve all of this with kernel-packages, which makes
> the prospective kernel into a .deb file for easy installation.  The
> zImage/bzImage problem is solved by kernel-package: IIRC it uses the
> Debian standard bzImage by preference, but either way, it works so well
> that there's no need other than curiosity to know which image you're
> using.

Or unless you want to know how your OS actully works. :)

I find it easier to avoid packages as much as possible. This way if
there will be a problem with one of your kernel compiles in the
future, you might be able to figure it out, instead of just
saying "this damn package doesn't install!"

--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE