Re: cd-to-cd burning

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 01:34:50PM -0500, Matt Garman wrote:

> What is the best way to do CD-to-CD copying under Linux?
> Specifically, I have a copy of the "official" debian 2.1 (slink) CD
> of which I want to burn an identical copy.
>
> Is it necessary to make an ISO9660 image from the current CD and then
> burn?  Surely there is an easier way to get around this.

I used something like:

cdrecord -dev=5,0 -isosize -speed=4 /dev/scd0

You might also want to add -dummy and -v (verbose) when you do your
first test, and of course, use the correct SCSI ID for your recorder.

Note that this technique will only copy a single-session CD with one
ISO9660 data track.

Regards,

Jeff