Re: Cheapbytes Debian 2.1

Mark Wagnon wrote:

> Allen Wong wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone successfully installed Debian 2.1 from a Cheapbytes CD?
> > I keep getting error messages with dselect stating that some of the
> > packages are out of date and I need a newer version.  I am a newbie with
> > Debian but not with Linux, having installed redhat and Slackware many
> > times.

Mark,

    Is it safe to say that this is not because of my own stupidity?  I
checked the files in the CD against the files on a Debian FTP site and
the version numbers match.  Yet, dselect keeps telling me that netbase
and a few other packages are not the right version.  I ignore it and
tell it to install anyway, but it kicks out an "Error 1", I think,
something about some script not being there.  I then press <return> and
I am sent back to the main menu.  Ordinarily, I buy from LSL.  Are their
Debian CDs better?  I bought from Cheapbytes this time because I wanted
to try Stampede Linux too.