(fwd) Re: silly sound-module question

Kurt Stallknecht <stallkne@digger.scc.uni-weimar.de> wrote:
> I compiled sound as a module and it works fine, but in which file do
> I have to put the "insmod sound" so that the module is loaded at
> boot-time? Can anybody help?

Last I checked all you had to do was put the module name (eg, sound)
in /etc/modules.  Debian has been fooling around with module configs
though so this *might* have changed in the version of the distribution
you are using.

Cheers,
Navin.

PS I'm sorry if you see this twice.  The first time I tried to post it
   but apparently it failed.
--
"These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format.  After unzipping,
these files can be viewed in any text editor, including all versions of