Re: Help with KDE and Debian Slink

I've been having the same problem as well.....i've been looking for 217, but
can't find it. Also, since they are all mirrors....chances are they all have
the same packages....Did you get an 'unstable' version from somewhere by chance?

Well, at least kmail seems to work ok :-)

Ajit

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Brian Schramm wrote:
>
> > I have installed the deb files for qt1.42, kde off the kde ftp site, and I have
> > upgraded from hamm to Slink.
> >
> > Now about half of the KDE applications give back this error:
> >
> > kdbash-2.01$ kedit
> > kedit: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libkfile.so.2: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual
> > bash-2.01$
>
> I had this exact error when the debs that I installed all had the number
> 207 in them. I then went to a different mirror and found a mixture of 207
> and 217, installed those, and all was then OK.

 <package names snipped>