>8GB drive partitioning

Hi.

I have been trying to install debian onto a new computer, and I am having
problems with reparitioning the 12 Gig hard drive. I don't want to lose
the information on the existing win98 installation. I have read the
documentation etc with fips, and the current version (2.0) to the best of
my knowledge does not support hard drives > 8 Gigs. I have an old version
of partition magic which has the same limitation, and I don't want to fork
out 60 quid for a new version.

I came across a partition manager called Ranish Partition Manager (URL
below) the beta release of which will support drives > 8 Gigs. I was
wondering if anyone could tell me how stable this release is, or if they
have had any success using it? Alternatively, does anyone know of any
other free/low cost partition managers available, that will handle disks >
8 Gigs?

http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

Thanks.

PS, please Cc me in replies, because I just read the archives.

--
Alan
Mail: hamilton@wisdom.ucc.ie