Re: vim/ctags problem: Java keywords not highlighted

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 11:13:46AM -0500, Jonathan Hayward wrote:
> [vim no longer color hilights]
>
> Suggestions for where I should look next in my troubleshooting?  (I
> also decided to try another language, and wrote a "Hello world!"
> program in C.  That didn't have anything highlighted, either.)

Things to check:

	- What are TERM and COLORTERM set to?  I use rxvt and have
	  TERM set to xterm-color and COLORTERM set to rxvt.  I don't
	  know what the appropriate values are for xterm.

	- Does your .vimrc have "syntax on"?

	- Does coloring work in a console?  In an rxvt?  Experiment
	  and see if you can narrow it down to a vim problem, or an
	  xterm problem, etc.

FWIW color hilighting is working fine for me.

--
Ian Peters		"The farther you go, the less you know."
itp@gnu.org				-- Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"