Re: Help Installing Linux

Andrei Ivanov wrote:

> As a wild guess, how do you enter the path where your linux kernel image
> is? Hope it's not C:\Debian or whatever like that.
> You have to use block devices, such as /dev/hda(b,c,d)
> You can get information on partitioning from fdisk. For example, if C is
> /dev/hda1, then your C:\Debian becomes
> /dev/hda1/Debian
> Andrew

>  Andrei S. Ivanov
>  c680789@showme.missouri.edu
>  UIN 12402354
>  http://members.tripod.com/AnSIv   <--Little things for Linux.

I believe he's using the "install.bat" file that has a line like
"loadlin linux /dev/ram initrd=root.bin". Bala, is this correct?

Make sure you're not at the C:\ prompt and entering "C:\Debian\Install";
you need to actually be in the C:\debian directory. Also, try entering
the line manually instead of running "install.bat".

Also, I've seen something similar to this when trying to run install.bat
after exitting Win95 with the "Start/Shutdown/Restart in MS-DOS Mode"
option. Try rebooting the PC and when you see "Starting Windows 95",
press the F8 key and then select "Safe Mode Command Prompt Only". Then
switch to the C:\Debian directory and run "install.bat".