Re: Partitions and install problem

> Am I being crazy or immoral wanting only one partition? most Faqs and docs
> I read about it say you should always make a few partitions.

   Using multiple partitions gives you a great deal of flexibility.  One can
easily add new stuff and reuse the old partitions for something else.  You
also gain a measure of stability -- if one of your partitions gets corrupted
or suffers some catastrophic error you lose only a partition and not the whole
system.  But with that said, no, you're not crazy.  I've installed newbies'
machines and more or less "dedicated" machines on one large partition...

   There are tools to let you repartition -- partition magic being the most
famous of them.  As far as repartitioning without losing data and having a
meaure of "safety," good luck. :-)

--
 Regards,  | Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org - More software than
 .         | *any* distribution, rock solid reliability, quality control,