Re: Potato and egcs

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 03:11:50 -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, J.H.M. Dassen wrote:
> > 2.2.x is the latest kernel.
>
> But 2.0.37 has newer drivers than Linus' 2.2 releases ... maybe I should
> be using the ac stuff?

At the moment, I trust Alan's patches more than Linus' releases (though I
did a grep in 2.2.5-ac3 for initio, and didn't find an update (relative to
2.2.5)).

> 2.2.5 won't build with the egcs in potato either.

For a particular configuration perhaps. I've had no problems compiling
2.2.X(-acY) kernels for my systems.

> 2.2.5 is the latest kernel but 2.0.37 has the latest hardware support.

You may want to mail Alan privately to ask him to include the updated drivers
you're concerned about. (Or even better, provide him with a patch).

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.