Potato and egcs

Ok, whose big idea was it not to provide a real gcc in potato?  Maybe it
is me but I couldn't find one.  I did an auto-upgrade and broke my ability
to compile 2.0.27-pre kernels cleanly.

I don't mind being offered egcs but I would LIKE the chance to stay with
gcc. Forcing egcs is fine IF debian is going to produce patched versions
of all the latest kernels so they will work.

I happen to need 2.0.37 (because it has the Initio support I need, it is
more up to date than 2.2.5). Try to compile it with potato and you get a
couple of pages of bitching and complaining about egcs and the compile
dies.

And no, I am probably NOT going to limit myself to building only from
Debian approved source trees.

George Bonser

Support The THING -- http://shorelink.com/~grep/THING.html