Re: Help on dselect

johannes nortje wrote:

> Good day sir
>
> I have a problem, I installed Linux on my personal computer but, when I
> load dselect to install the software I got with the Linux cd's I don't
> have the option multi_cd in "Access" to load this software.  When I use
> the cd-rom choise it ask me for the device block name that I don't
> know.
>
> Sir can you give me any advice how to load my software or at least how
> to get the multi_cd choice in dselect.
>
> Thank you.
> Hannes Nortjé

	For the most common case, you probably have an IDE hard drive and
an IDE ATAPI cdrom.  If that is the case, the hard drive is most
likely /dev/hda, and your cdrom is probably /dev/hdb.  If you have
different hardware type/configuration like having two hard drives
instead of one, or having a non-atapi cdrom, you'll need to tell
us what kind of hardware you have.

--
Ed C.