Re: modem & setserial (auto dialup out there?)

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 06:05:23AM -0500, debian@grey-cat.com wrote:
> First: I could swear there was a script floating around
> to have your machine dial up your ISP & email the IP
> address to you. I thought it was in an early issue of
> Linux Gazette. Does anyone know if & where I might find
> such a creature?
Nope.  However, there is a very nice package called "dhis" that will
automaticly give you a domainname under dhis.org (like mine <G>).  If you
wish to use it, add the line "deb http://pages.infinit.net/linux debian/" to
/etc/apt/sources.list, and do an "apt-get install dhis".  (You could do it
manually, but I don't feel like checking how.)

> Last night I read some man pages (very large thankyou to
> those involved with setting up the HTML documentation
> structure) and thought I discovered the problem in the
> closing_waits of setserial. closing_wait2seems 'stuck'
> at infinte.
Interesting, as I seem to have a similar problem somtimes (but rarely).  The
next time it happens, I'll try to remember to do some debuging.

	-=- James Mastros