Re: Debian and Redhat - are most linux users missing the point?

Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> We need, to work on the install.  Debian is so awesome.  Yet, will not be
> noticed by the masses unless the install method becomes better than RH.
> RH's method is open sourced.  So there should be a way for debian to make
> it better.
>
> I'm willing to participate in a marketing effort.  Such an effort will
> grow when there are entrepreneurs willing to base their tech biz efforts
> on debian.
>
> Perhaps, a 2 tier approach could ensue.  1) logo visibility effort; 2) (in

yes I do strongly think that logo visibility could make a huge
difference - specially if the logo had 'debian' AND 'linux' on it - this
would help stop people associating linux with redhat.
Plus putting a debian logo on your website, I suppose, is the least that
you can do to thank the developers, making sure their work doesn't go
unthanked or unnoticed, I suppose.

frankie

--
Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good

	--Peter de Vries

http://www.skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk - Drum'n'Bass music, samples and
links.