Re: Exim wierdness

> I am experiencing some wierdness with exim. I run fetchmail and download
> say 30 messages, but only some of them show up in my mail box. Running
> mailq doesn't show anything. The messages show up eventually, magically from
> somewhere but I have no way of knowing if all of them made it that were
> sent originally.

For non-admin users, exim only displays messages which are owned by that
user.  Adding "queue_list_requires_admin = false" to /etc/exim.conf will
allow you (any user, actually) to see the entire list.

> Where does the mail go in between the time fetchmail delivers it until it
> shows up in my mailbox, sometimes many minutes later? How can I know if
> all of the mail came through ok if it doesn't show up in the output from
> mailq? Is there a way to force exim to deliver any undelivered mail, like
> the runq from smail used to do?

You should still be able to use runq to force an immediate delivery...
at least, it still works on my system (slink).

   adric@glitch[~]$ which runq
   /usr/sbin/runq
   adric@glitch[~]$ ls -l /usr/sbin/runq
   lrwxrwxrwx   1 root    root       4 Nov 11 06:31 /usr/sbin/runq -> exim

Perhaps /usr/sbin isn't in your $PATH?

If you want to force exim to deliver all incoming mail immediately, you
can add "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0" to /etc/exim.conf.