Re: phoenix "suddenly" broke

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 12:31:47PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I was opening up a web page (right click open frame in new window) when
> fluxbox suddenly restarted. I assumed it was a problem with phoenix so I
> tried moving the .phoenix file in my home directory but that didn't help.
> I tried removing and then reinstalling phoenix but I'm getting errors about
> things being locked by other processes....
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get phoenix back?

Sorry, no. I only answered because I am using phoenix now (Mozilla
Firebird, that is) and it is running fine. As per advice from participants
in this forum, I just recently  a nightly build binary and off I go. No
such problem as what you are describing -- which seems to have more to do
with apt/dpkg than with phoenix -- but one little bug to report.

That bug is that if one is downloading a file and toggles the checkbox to
"close this window when download completes [or to that effect]", the
entire phoenix session will abruptly terminate when the download ends.

  Best of Luck, sorry ....
    Soren Andersen