Re: libXFt and konqueror

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:38:33PM +1000, John Habermann wrote:
> I upgraded to gnome 2.2 a couple of days ago and in the process upgraded
> libXft2 and now I am having problems with konqueror. Whenever I try to
> start konqueror it fails with the following error
>
>    "konqueror: relocation error: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined
> symbol: FcInit"

Is apt happy with your current set of packages (ie no unsatisfied
dependencies)?  A package should Depend on anything it needs to run [1],
especially libraries like this, so it's a bug somewhere if it's not
working.

As Alan said, libfontconfig provides this symbol.  Have you rerun
'ldconfig -X' to regenerate the ld.so cache?  That's all I can think of.

> Anyone have any ideas? I have tried reconfiguring libXft.so.2 but that
> didn't give me any options. I am running Sid on a powerpc with kde3.1
> and gnome2.2 installed although I am actually trying to start konqueror
> in icewm, although I wouldn't think that would matter.

It should work.

[1] Aside from base packages, of course.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?