Re: Anyone using Compuserve/AOL as an ISP?

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:05:32AM -0500, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> OK, thanks. I wont waste any more time trying that.
> I actually have an account with compuserve, I heard somewhere that AOL
> bought them out. (not sure how accurate that is, tho.) I do think its
> odd that AOL wont let linux in, especially since there was that big
> hoopla sometime back where they supposedly dumped IE for Netscape or
> something else.

You may still be able to connect to your provider from Linux, see my
other posts in this thread.

> Let me ask you this,
> If I set up a network, with my windows box as the primary connection
> to compuserve, can I use my linux box to apt-get software?

Yes, but you'd need to set up some form of connection sharing on the
windows box.  I've heard that the integrated connection sharing in
Windows isn't all that good.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string
together lots of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks.
-- Vineet Kumar