Re: Re: Gnome problems in unstable

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:43:09PM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 01:37:15AM +0100, Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:

> > you should try mandrake.
>
> Is there a message in this?

Yeah, I believe the message in this runs something like:
"Lookit me, I'm a troll!  If I fill the list with flamebait, I'll get
lots of attention!  All of it negative, but getting people fighting is
more fun than being ignored because I have nothing to contribute."

Of course I *could* be wrong, and this (along with the same poster's "do
you even know how to use apache." comment) *might* be legitimate
attempts to contribute to the community...  but that's not the
impression I get.

In the meantime, I think I'll look into how to plonk somebody via my
exim filter .forward file.  Shouldn't be too hard.

> I've been using Debian for years, why would i want to try a different
> distro? Is it .deb based? I'm not about to start dealing with rpm's.

Nope, no .debs for Mandrake.  It is indeed rpm-based (which is one
reason why I only used it briefly, myself).

Oh, and in case anyone's tempted to reply with "why are you replying to
this flamebait?" ... there's no need.  Valid though your point would be,
I don't intend to make a habit of it.  Now, hopefully, someone who
actually has a solution to the OP's issue will come along...

Hehe!  And a direct hit from 'signify'.  It was randomly selected, I
swear!