3Ware SATA controllers (was Re: Hardware RAID setup)

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 10:46, Mike Dresser wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Bill Moseley wrote:
>
> > I bought parts for a new machine a while back and finally have time to
> > build it.  I purchased a 3Ware IDE Escalade two-port hardware raid card.
> > My plan is to install two drives in RAID 1 configuration.
> >
> 7000-2, right?  Good reliable cards, easy to setup.
[snip]
> Exactly like a regular drive, that's what's so nice about the 3ware cards.
>
> I've got a 7500-4 sitting on my desk with 4 250 gig drives plugged into
> it, on a raid5.  100 meg per second reads and about 20-25 meg per second
> writes, in raid5.

Speaking of 3Ware, has anyone used their 8500 series Serial ATA
controllers with Linux?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson   |
| "A C program is like a fast dance on a newly waxed dance floor |
|  by people carrying razors."                                   |
|      Waldi Ravens                                              |