Re: urgent Mail Server

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 09:09:07AM -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> Quoting Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>:
> [snip]
> > An MX is only needed if some other system is going to be handling the
> > mail bound for that one.
> >

> You can get away with this most of the time.  However, the RFCs do
> require that you have an MX record and some mail servers are setup to
> not accept mail from servers/domains that do not have MX records as a
> anti-spam measure.  If you are using dyndns.org, you can set a MX
> record.

Uh, I just finished reading rfc 2821 for a project and I can't agree
with your reading at all.  I refer you to section 5 (page 60).

Could you explain why you feel the RFC says you MUST have an MX
record?

  There's a positive side to non-technical people -- they actually
  tend to have some grasp of how human psyche works.
          -- Josip Rodin (on d-devel)