Re: Removable Media: What is the practical answer??

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 20:37, Bruce wrote:

> >      Check out the mtools package.
> >

> Yes, there are packages and command line tools to do many disk-related
> things, but don't forget Mom used WP5.x as her file manager, and never saw
> a command prompt, and isn't about to start now....
>
> I was really just using the box of floppies as an example. Really, my
> question is whether there is a reliable, GUI, way to access removable
> media in linux??
gnome 2.2 has some nice features.  The disk mounter applets might be of
use.  There is some limited retraining, but its one button and then the
icon for that media apears on the desktop.  My parents adjusted nicly to
it.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>