Re: firewall options

On Friday 18 October 2002 11:35, James Hughes wrote:
> > I've managed to find a very comprehensive write-up on how to
> > configure the Debian box as a dedicated firewall and router
> > (prints out at 74 pages) - I've no doubt I'll get stuck
> > somewhere, but as you say I've always the list to fall back on.
>
> Sounds interesting. Care to post a link? ;)
>
> James

It's taken a little time to find out where I got it. Normally I keep
good notes and bookmark URLs, but I was 'ducking and weaving' so
much here I got confused. Anyway ...

The document is titled "Security Quick-Start HOWTO for Linux" and
was originally by Hal Burgiss. later updated by Dave Wreski.
(Google will point to a number of sites if you use the full title).

I think I downloaded from:-

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/articles/documentation_article-4422.html

Also I got good stuff from:-
http://www.aboutdebian.com/firewall.htm

and

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Security-Quickstart-HOWTO

I'm in my seventies and not very computer literate, so you may not
be as impressed as I was ( mind you, I've inwardly digested only a
little of the contents so far ).

Regards,		John.