configuring CMI8738 sound card

Hello everybody,

I have been looking for documentation on how to set up the driver module for
the C-Media CMI8738 sound card I have on one of the machines here. Including
the module when I've installed Debian Woody, didn't work.
I wasn't able to find a guide for doing this installation properly on this
machine, the Cmedia site has guides for almost every other distribution but
not Debian.
Could someone please suggest some instructions for properly installing the
module driver?

Thanks

Paul