RE: xfree86 video card problems -- strange

I have the following output from `lspci`:

> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Cirrus Logic GD 5430/40
> [Alpine] (rev 47)
> 01:00.1 Display controller: Intergraph Corporation: Unknown
> device 0780 (rev 40)

To enter a PCI location in `dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86` you need to enter the location/function in decimal, but `lspci` returns data in hexadecimal.  Can someone confirm for me that the following is the decimal form of the above?

01:00:0
01:00:1

In other words, it happens to be the same in my case since the numbers don't go above 10 (but if they did then would require translation).

I have finally gotten my xserver to work, somewhat.  When I run "startx" as non-root, the screen becomes sort of a yellow striped pattern (which I think is wrong, I think the stripes are generated by a misconfigured xserver) and the KDE splash screen starts loading up.  Little icons are animated at the bottom of this screen, and as they animate, the display flickers somewhat.  Finally, when the desktop appears on my screen, it is jumbled -- I can see icons but there are two taskbars, one at the bottom and one toward the top.  Sometimes there are two mouse cursors too.  Overall, I can tell that something is wrong.

I've attached my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file.  Can anyone see any obvious flaws that I made in responding to the choices offered in the debconf?  I got this far strictly by trial and error, I've tried just about every possibility in the "medium" section of configuring the display, and none of them are quite perfect.

Thanks,

Erik