Re: Setting Sound volumn

I'm not sure about aumix but I use rexima ("amixer" backward) and i put
a line in /etc/rc.local as follows:
rexima vol 60 cd 100 pcm 100
and that would set those values for me on bootup... this assumes you
use a rc.local file and that aumix would accept similar input from a
script.

Shawn

--- ajlewis2@intac.com wrote:
> In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:53:23PM -0400, lameth wrote:
> >> In what file do you set the volumn level for a sound card.
> >
> > You don't set a value in a file, you use a mixer program to set it.
> > aumix works for me, and it saves all the volume settings to a file
> on
> > shutdown and reloads on boot.
> >
> > -rob
>
> I have always had trouble with the sound volume staying the same.  I
> use
> aumix and Save the settings and on each reboot (and maybe more often
> than
> that) I find the volume is back to zero.  Any idea why that would be?
>
> --
> Anita
> GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910
>

> --

=====
Shawn Lamson
Debian/GNU Linux Woody
Kernel 2.2.19pre17
XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
Jesus Loves You!