Re: OT: Programming books

Jason Stechschulte wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:30:52PM -0500, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:

Yeah I would like to see a Debian Gamers Group. It could have its own mailing list.

I would like to help set something like this up, but I have no idea how
to go about making it an official Debian list or even if there is enough
interest to bother doing it.

I have some experience but it is mostly hobby stuff. I made a Pacman clone in QBasic in 1998, and had a few games on the Apple II c+. Again, nothing major, but making games in Linux is something I would like to do.

You have more experience than I do then!  Hopefully I'll be able to have
the Odyssey clone working within a year then I can finally say I wrote a
game.

Heh, well it is a great feeling to say you made a game, even if it is a basic one. I would highly suggest perusing the wealth of knowledge at Gamedev.net and gamasutra.com. Any links they have are also good to find to something useful!
Good luck!
As for the possibility of a group, I think starting a new subject line might help garner some interest.

Gianfranco