Re: Lite On 40x Burner

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 04:58:09PM -0500, Steven Isaacson wrote:
> Has anyone had success using a Lite On 40/12/48(LTR40125S) burner with cdrecord and
> debian? I was looking around and couldn't find any definative answer.
>
> The drive is $40 cheaper then the 40x Plextor. I really don't care to
> waste my money.

I've just recently bought a Liteon 48/12/48.  Works a treat with
cdrecord and debian.  cdrecord even supports the burn-proof part, which
is nice.  LiteOn is quite well regarded online, as I checked before I
bought the drive.  If you can get one, go for the 48/12/48, it's worth
the extra pittance for the speed.  Only trouble is finding blank CDs
fast enough to cope with being written that fast!  There's also a whole
lot of information (but not Linux oriented) at the cdfreaks forum
(http://forum.cdfreaks.com from memory).

- Chris