Re: USB storage (memstick) trouble

Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> wrote:

> He meant lspci - it's a typo. The output you already posted from lspci
> shows no USB controller connected to the machine, which is why you're
> not able to access it. That strongly suggests a hardware problem.
It is not the reader - I have checked it on a Xp (brrr ...) box and it is
actually able to work ...

> You will need sd_mod, sr_mod, and scsi_mod to use usb-storage, so once
> you get the hardware issue sorted out you'll need to compile or acquire
> a kernel that has those modules available.
Ok, I figured out, that I will need a different kernel image for this. The
question is: how do I choose? I'm running Sid on AMD 1800+ XP.
Am I wrong to assume that the K7 images are appropriate for me?

Sorry for the dum newby question ...

Joh