Re: HP Laserjet 1200 compatibility?

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 06:08:34PM -0800, Abner Gershon wrote:
> I am currently running windows but am planning to
> install Debian potatoe soon and I am in the market for
> a new laser printer. The HP 1200 Laserjet appears to
> be a good for my purposes and budget but I did not see
> a Linux driver listed on their web site. Is there a
> compatible driver in the patatoe distro?

I am not familiar with the 1200, but assuming that it is a newer
version of the 1100, it should use the ljet4 driver of gs. I would
recommend installing magicfilter and selecting the ljet4 filter.

You might also consider the Lexmark Optra E312, which is in the same
price range (~$400), but includes PostScript capability as well as PCL.
I bought one of these several months ago, based on the recommendation
at http://www.linuxprinting.org and am quite pleased with it.

Bob