Re: xcdroast replacement?

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> "Hall Stevenson" wrote:
>
> > > I tried gtoaster but I have to admit I don't understand its user
> > > interface a bit.
> >
> > It is somewhat odd... what are you trying to do ?? I've used for a
> > little while now and seem to understand it.
>
> I'm trying to select a directory to make an ISO image of it, and
> then burn it to CD.  I browse to the directory I want, but then I
> don't know what to do.  Seems silly.

You drag whatever you want to burn to the file area in the lower
part of gtoaster (in the first tab with the folder symbol).

Gotcha: once you have done that, closed gtoaster and want to burn
the same thing again, you need to drag the Gnometoaster-Filesystem
from the "Internal Structures" in the upper part to the lower area
with the middle tab. Otherwise it will respond with
| GnomeToaster Recording Terminal
| Recording 0 bytes to CD
| No recordable Tracks found

All a matter of "if all else fails, read the manual" :-)

I like gtoaster very much.

Cheers,
  Colin

--